Coding bootcamp costs can range from $9,000 to $28,000, depending on the program and location. Choosing to attend a bootcamp can be a big decision, but figuring out how to pay for a coding bootcamp can be even more difficult. This is why many coding bootcamps offer coding bootcamp scholarships for minorities, women, and veterans. This article covers a wide variety of scholarships for coding bootcamps as coding bootcamp loans are not for everyone. Search for coding bootcamp stipends or scholarships to help lessen the burden. These coding bootcamps scholarships aim to bridge the gap in tech and make the tech industry accessible for underrepresented groups, including LGBTQ+ people and Black coders. Some students may even be eligible for grants for coding bootcamps that cover tuition fully.
Coding Bootcamps That Offer Coding Scholarships
- Ada Developers Academy Tuition-Free Curriculum
- Alchemy Code Labs
- Bottega Tech
- BrainStation Scholarships
- Code Fellows Scholarships
- Code Platoon Scholarships
- Coder Academy
- Codesmith Scholarships
- Coding Dojo Scholarships
- Coding Temple
- Claim Academy Scholarships
- DevLeague Scholarships
- DevPoint Labs Scholarships
- DigitalCrafts Scholarships
- Flatiron School Scholarships
- Fullstack Academy Scholarships
- Galvanize Scholarships
- General Assembly Scholarships
- Grand Circus Scholarships
- Hackbright Academy Scholarships
- Ironhack Scholarships
- LearningFuze Scholarships
- Makers Academy Scholarships
- Metis Scholarships
- Recurse Center Tuition-Free Programs
- Rithm School
- Sabio Scholarships
- The Software Guild Scholarships
- Springboard Scholarships
- Tech Elevator Scholarships
- Thinkful Scholarships
- We Can Code IT Scholarships
- Xccelerate Scholarships
Best Coding Bootcamp Scholarships for Software EngineeringThe best coding bootcamp scholarships for software engineering are offered by Galvanize, Hackbright Academy, and Springboard. These three bootcamps offer the largest software engineering scholarships, although many other coding bootcamps with software engineering programs also offer small scholarships.
Bottega Tech ScholarshipsAccredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission, Bottega offers courses on Python and React, front end development, and mobile development. With its part-time online options, you can learn the tech skill of your choice from anywhere and on your own time.
- Code to Success Scholarship: This scholarship offers an unspecified amount of tuition money to anyone who applies and is accepted. The only requirement is that applicants are current high school students.
CodingNomads ScholarshipsThis small, family-run school is an excellent option to learn Java and Python. Look into this school if you are looking to develop skills in data science, machine learning, Django, and Flask. At CodingNomads, students benefit from a project-based curriculum and graduate with a sizeable portfolio to show employers.
- Live the Dream Scholarship: Offered to those who have motivation and vision, but lack funds, this scholarship will provide up to $1,000 for any onsite program.
Coding Temple ScholarshipsCoding Temple boasts an impressive 95 percent job placement rate within three months, with alumni working for the likes of Salesforce, Deloitte, and Bank of America. This is achieved thanks to the school’s robust career services, which include mentorship and training to nail your job interview.
- Opportunity Scholarship: Coding Temple offers the Opportunity Scholarship, which awards over $10,000 in scholarships each quarter. Students are awarded anywhere from $500 to $14,500. One student will receive a full-tuition scholarship each quarter.
DevLeague ScholarshipsDevLeague is a coding bootcamp based in Hawaii. The bootcamp offers programs in cyber security and software engineering. This is one of the best software engineering scholarships on this list because any student who applies will receive the funding.
- Kingsland University Scholarship: This scholarship awards $2,500 towards a student’s tuition. The total scholarship fund for the program is $1,000,000 and is awarded to up to 400 students. All students who apply for the coding bootcamp scholarship will receive it until the full amount has been exhausted.
Flatiron School ScholarshipsFlatiron School is one of the most popular coding bootcamps in the education market today. In addition to software engineering, Flatiron School offers programs in data science, cyber security, and product design. This partial coding bootcamp scholarship will go a long way to cover the Flatiron School costs of $16,900 for its top-notch programs.
- Merit Scholarship: This is a partial scholarship of $2,000 award to standout applicants of any of Flatiron School’s coding bootcamp programs. This includes Flatiron School’s software engineering program.
Galvanize ScholarshipsGalvanize is the best place to look for software engineering scholarships because this coding bootcamp specializes in immersive software engineering programs. Galvanize offers two coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities. The same bootcamp scholarships are also available to Hack Reactor students. Galvanize purchased Hack Reactor in 2018 so the two bootcamp providers were able to join forces and share resources, staff, and instructors. The schools both offer immersive and part-time software engineering programs.
- We Stand Together Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is offered to five students during each cohort for the Hack Reactor Software Engineering Immersive bootcamp. Both part-time and full-time bootcamp students are eligible. This is one of the best software engineering scholarships because it covers the full tuition cost.
- Galvanize Scholarship: This software engineering scholarship is to US citizens or permanent residents who are accepted into either the Galvanize Hack Reactor Software Engineering Immersive. This coding bootcamp scholarship covers the full tuition.
General Assembly ScholarshipsIn addition to immersive software engineering programs, General Assembly offers full-time programs in user experience design, front end web development, data analytics, product management, and data science. There are also part-time programs in tons of other tech subjects, although part-time students aren’t eligible for scholarships.
- Adobe Digital Academy Scholarship: This General Assembly scholarship is offered in partnership with Adobe. Students enrolled in the software engineering, user experience design, data science, or digital marketing programs can apply for this coding bootcamp scholarship. It covers the full tuition and students get an internship at Adobe after completing the program.
- LaGuardia’s TechHire OpenCode Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship covers tuition for underrepresented students applying to General Assembly’s software engineering program. It’s a great software engineering scholarship because it covers full tuition.
- Break the Glass Tuition Discount: This partial coding bootcamp scholarship covers $1,500 for women, non-binary people, transgender people, and LGBTQ+ students who have applied to General Assembly’s software engineering or data science programs.
Hackbright Academy ScholarshipsHackbright Academy has partnered with various tech companies and other institutions to help diversify the tech industry and bring more women and underrepresented people into the exciting tech career field. Below is a list of Hackbright Academy’s scholarship offerings.
- ChangeMaker Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is available each quarter to two students enrolled in the software engineering program. It covers half the tuition.
- Brighthire Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is in partnership with Brighthire. It awards $6,450 to a student who has contributed to diversity in tech, overcome adversity, and experience financial difficulty. The deadline to apply is March 31st, 2022.
Springboard ScholarshipsSpringboard is one of the best online coding bootcamps. It offers flexible programs for career prep in a wide variety of subjects, including software engineering and machine learning.
- Needs-Based Scholarship: This scholarship provides $1,000 to students from a household with a gross income of less than $30,000 a year. This scholarship can be combined with either Sprinboard’s scholarship for women or diversity. Keep reading to find out more details about those two scholarships below.
Best Coding Bootcamps for Programming ScholarshipsSince coding is the main skill taught at most bootcamps, there are a wide variety of programming scholarships available to coding bootcamp students. Brainstation, Coding Dojo, and LearningFuze are just three of the bootcamps offering computer programming scholarships. Find out details about the best programming scholarships below.
BrainStation ScholarshipsBrainStation offers the following coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities for students of all walks of life. The goal is to make tech education in programming-related subjects accessible to everyone. Contact the school directly to learn more about the programming scholarships’ application processes, eligibility requirements, and amounts awarded.
- Women in Technology Scholarship: This programming scholarship is available to women enrolled in BrainStation’s programs. It is meant to make it easier for women to break into tech.
- University and College Scholarship: This scholarship is for recent college graduates and current students who are interested in learning coding skills. It is a great programming scholarship for those with a degree who want to pivot to a career in tech.
- Veterans Scholarship: This programming scholarship is for veterans who want to pursue a technology career after completing their military service.
- Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship: In the tech industry, people of color have been historically underrepresented. This programming scholarship is meant to encourage diversity in tech.
- Not-for-Profit Scholarship: This programming scholarship is unique because it is available to professionals who work in the not-for-profit sector and are looking to learn new skills.
- Entrepreneurship Scholarship: This is another unique scholarship. It is offered to entrepreneurs and small business owners who want to learn tech skills.
Claim Academy ScholarshipsClaim Academy offers an extensive list of scholarships, one of which is a great option for anyone looking for a programming scholarship. Many of these scholarships are awarded to students automatically after they’ve been accepted into the program. Applicants must be accepted to Claim Academy to become eligible, and they may apply for a maximum of two scholarships.
- College Upgrade Scholarship: Recent high school graduates or GED recipients are eligible to receive this $1,000 scholarship. They must show proof of graduating or receiving their GED within a year.
CodeUp ScholarshipsCodeUp has extremely high job placement rates for its web development and data science programs. In addition, the school has a money-back guarantee: if your fail to get a job within half of year of graduation, you get your tuition refunded.
- Relocation Scholarship: Since all of CodeUp’s programs are located in Texas, it is common for students to relocate to attend in person. This scholarship helps finance the cost of relocating.
- First Responders Scholarship: Any current or former first-responder who enrolls in CodeUp’s full stack program will get a $1,000 scholarship. Simply show your first responder certification.
Code Fellows ScholarshipsCode Fellows provides a long list of coding bootcamp scholarship opportunities to its students. The school has given over $3.5 million in scholarship money to over 700 students to date. Code Fellows has programs in software development and cyber security where students can learn to code using programming languages like HTML. All of the scholarships listed below are needs-based.
- COVID-19 Scholarship: For those who have lost their jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Career Changer Scholarship: For individuals who want to join the tech industry and change their careers.
- Underemployed Scholarship: For prospective students who make less than $35,000 a year.
- Recent Graduate Scholarship: For individuals who have recently graduated from college and want a different career path.
- Pay It Forward Scholarship: For individuals who are positively serving their community, either by investing or serving.
- Transfer Student Scholarship: For prospective students seeking to transfer from a university, bootcamp, college, or other institution of learning.
Coding Dojo ScholarshipsCoding Dojo has campuses in Silicon Valley, LA, Chicago, Boise, and Bellevue, as well as offering online programs. There are four programs that teach programming skills and they can be taken on part-time or full-time schedules.
- Fresh Start Fund: This scholarship awards up to $1,500 to students making less than $40,000 a year. It was established to help students overcome some of the hardships brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Career Re-Invention Scholarship: The Career Reinvention Scholarship awards $1,000 to experienced professionals who want a change in their career but can’t afford to improve on their current skill set.
- Early Start Scholarship: The Early Start Scholarship provides financial assistance to recent high school graduates and young adults who want to get an early start on their tech careers.
Devmountain ScholarshipsDevmountain is a coding school known for the quality of its education. Since 2013, it has graduated thousands of people, with alumni earning, on average, $62,130, according to internal reports. The school offers onsite and online options that last from six to 32 weeks.
- Breaking Barriers Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to 1,000 recipients. Each will receive up to $500, and you can apply as long as you are in the midst of switching careers.
- Bridge the Gap Scholarship: This scholarship represents the school’s commitment to creating diverse workspaces. It covers $2,000 of tuition.
- Pay-It-Forward Scholarship: This is another $2,000 discount, although this time the recipient can be anyone who has a track record of using tech to work with disadvantaged populations.
- Jump-Start Scholarship: Aimed at those who are not interested in a traditional education and who want to get started on their new careers as quickly as possible, this scholarship also awards $2,000 toward tuition.
- Adversity Scholarship: This $2,000 award is given to those who have demonstrated resilience and strength when faced with great adversity.
DigitalCrafts ScholarshipsDigitalCrafts is a coding bootcamp offering virtual and in-person programs in web development, cyber security, and user experience design. There are options to learn completely online or in a hybrid format with access to online courses and coworking spaces in six US cities. One of DigitalCrafts’ missions is to make careers in technology more accessible.
- The Builder’s Scholarship: DigitalCrafts offers The Builder’s Scholarship to students with inspiring stories. Further, scholarships are available to students who submit an application for a course and pay the deposit.
LearningFuze ScholarshipsLearningFuze offers programs for students to learn coding skills in data science, web development, and user experience design. LearningFuze doesn’t have any traditional coding bootcamp scholarships, but instead offers discounts for women, military personnel, and other individuals. Below is a list of the available discounts students can receive after applying.
- Up-Front Payment Discount: $1,000
- Hybrid Payment Discount: $500
- Early Registration Discount: $500
- Women and Veterans Discount: $500
Best Coding Scholarships for MinoritiesThere are tons of coding scholarships for minorities. Coding bootcamps work to make tech education more accessible and part of the way they do that is by providing scholarships for minorities. Find out more below about the best scholarships for minorities available.
Alchemy Code Lab ScholarshipsAlchemy Code Lab is a software engineering training academy where students learn from industry experts through online and onsite programs. The school offers students the option to enter an income share agreement to finance their education.
- Diversity in Tech: Alchemy Code Lab’s Diversity in Tech scholarship gives opportunities to women, veterans, LGBTQ+, and students from racial and ethnic backgrounds underrepresented in tech.
Claim Academy Scholarships
- Minority Scholarship: Prospective students who represent an ethnic minority group underrepresented in software engineering are eligible for this scholarship. This includes Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander, and Black coders.
Code Fellows Scholarships
- Diversity Scholarship: Code Fellows offers a Diversity Scholarship for prospective students underrepresented in the tech industry who come from underserved backgrounds. This is a partial coding bootcamp scholarship awarded to several students. In addition, one full-ride scholarship is given to a Black coder in each cohort.
Coder Academy ScholarshipsCoder Academy has Australia’s only accredited coding and cyber security programs. It features a project-based curriculum similar to the curricula used by the best coding schools in the United States.
- Diversity in Tech Scholarship: One person per campus receives a subsidy to finance the web development bootcamp. The scholarship covers half of your tuition. To apply, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Codesmith ScholarshipsCodesmith offers part-time and full-time immersive bootcamps that teach front end and backend software development and computer science. In the summer of 2020, Codesmith released a statement supporting Black Lives Matter and announcing a new scholarship for Black engineers.
- Black Engineers Scholarship: This scholarship is available to Black students enrolled in Codesmith’s immersive software engineering program. It covers all of tuition for 10 students in each cohort. Applicants must be at least 18, provide letters of recommendation, make less than $50,000, and be new to the field of software engineering.
- Minorities in Tech: This program gives out a total of $10,000 to minorities. One person gets $5,000. The other two winners get $2,500 each.
- Pride Scholarship: If you identify as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, you may be eligible for a scholarship. Scholarships are worth $1,000.
Coding Dojo Scholarships
- Diversity Scholarship: The Coding Dojo Diversity Scholarship awards $1,000 to students from underrepresented groups in the technology industry.
DevPoint Labs ScholarshipsDevPoint Labs offers two scholarships to its bootcamp students that both cover half of the tuition. These coding bootcamp scholarships are available to students in the part-time and full-time web development bootcamp programs. Find details for its diversity scholarship below and details on its women in tech scholarship further below in the article.
- Opportunity in Tech Scholarship: With a strong emphasis on diversity, this bootcamp scholarship is designed to help bring more minorities into tech. DevPoint Labs defines diversity broadly to include dimensions such as gender, age, race, sexual orientation, income, religion, ethnic heritage, education, military experience, and mental/physical abilities.
- You Belong in Tech Scholarship: The coding bootcamp sponsors a $1,000,000 scholarship fund for students from underrepresented groups, which includes female students, Black coders, and Latinx students. Full-time students receive $1,500 off while part-time students receive $1,000 off.
Flatiron School Scholarships
- Access Scholarship: This is a partial scholarship of $2,000 that allows underrepresented students to waive the upfront tuition costs of their programs.
- The Grand Circus Diversity Scholarship: This scholarship is given to students belonging to underrepresented groups in the tech industry. Scholarship recipients receive $1,750. Qualifying students are those who self-identify as a woman, Black coders, Latinx students, LGBTQ+ individuals, Native Americans, or veterans.
- Lasting Change Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is in partnership with Climb Credit. This scholarship gives $5,000 to three BIPOC students who attend any of Grand Circus’s Climb partner programs.
Ironhack ScholarshipsIronhack offers four distinct scholarship opportunities to its students. These scholarships help to bring diversity in software and other tech fields while inviting more students to develop their career skills through coding bootcamps. These coding bootcamp scholarships are partial need-based scholarships.
- Change Your Career, Land a Tech Job Scholarship: Ironhack and Landing Jobs award €300,000 (around $360,000) in scholarship funds to help students transition into a career in tech.
- Digital Creators Fund Powered by Facebook: Facebook has pledged to provide $250,000 in partial and full scholarship funds to one of Ironhack’s courses.
- The Sims and Ironhack Scholarship: Ironhack is partnering with The Sims to award a scholarship to a full-time or part-time bootcamp. Students can take part in any of Ironhack’s courses, including Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, or Web Development.
Metis ScholarshipsMetis offers scholarships to women, veterans and military members, and those in underrepresented groups. This includes LGBTQ+ students, nonbinary individuals, Black coders, Hispanic and Latinx students, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and mainland Puerto Ricans. Below is a list of scholarship opportunities. There are 30 scholarships awarded for each bootcamp cohort.
- Metis Data Analytics Bootcamp Scholarship: This Metis scholarship for minorities offers $2,000 to eligible students enrolled in its data analytics program.
- Metis Data Science & Engineering Bootcamp Scholarship: This $3,000 scholarship for minorities is available to students who fit into one of the categories listed above.
- Metis Data Science Bootcamp Scholarship: This is a scholarship of $3,000 that is awarded to underrepresented students who are enrolled in the data science bootcamp.
- Metis Data Science & Machine Learning Bootcamp Scholarship: Students who want to apply for this scholarship for minorities will submit an application after their acceptance to the data science and machine learning program. The scholarship offers $3,000 off of tuition.
Recurse Center ScholarshipsTuition for Recurse Center is free for all students. While there are no scholarship opportunities for Recurse Center students, they do provide need-based scholarships to underrepresented people in programming. This includes women, non-binary people, trans people, and people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Rithm School ScholarshipsIn 2020, The Rithm School reached a job placement rate of 100 percent, with graduates earning a median salary of $120,000. This is possible due to the school’s extensive career services, with the final weeks of the program dedicated to ensuring students are prepared to land jobs at major tech companies.
- Need, Merit, and Diversity Scholarship: This scholarship awards up to $3,000 to help students with tuition. Awards are based on merit and need.
- Diversity in Tech Scholarship: Springboard offers $500 to any person from an underrepresented group in tech. Eligible students must apply to any career track program and be a person of color, LGBTQ+ student, gender nonconforming person, veteran, someone with a disability, or a refugee.
- Half and Full Tuition Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to underrepresented and low-income students. Eligible students are people of color, LGBTQ+, non-binary, veterans, people with disabilities, or refugees. They must also submit a short essay on why the scholarship will benefit them.
Tech Elevator ScholarshipsTech Elevator offers a large coding bootcamp scholarship to eligible students. It’s one of the most generous scholarships on this list. Tech Elevator’s coding bootcamp and job prep program have high job placement rates for its graduates.
- Represent Tech Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship offers $13,175 to Black coders, Hispanic and Latinx students, Native American students, women, transgender coders, and non-binary individuals.
- Diversity in Tech: Self-identifying women, minorities, LGBTQ+ persons, and US military members (active or discharged) are eligible for this $3,000 scholarship.
We Can Code IT Scholarships
- Diversity Grants and Scholarships: We Can Code IT also offers scholarships of up to $2,000 to underrepresented students.
Best Coding Scholarships for WomenThe majority of popular coding bootcamps offer at least one coding scholarship for women. There are over 20 tech scholarships for women in the list below, so it’s easy to find women who code scholarships. There is also a list of schools below that partner with Lesbians Who Tech, an organization that provides support and coding scholarships for women and LGBTQ+ people in the tech industry.
Bottega Tech Scholarships
- Code Impact Scholarship: This Bottega Tech scholarship offers an unspecified amount of money to women and veterans trying to break into tech. It can be applied to any Bottega Tech training program.
- Women in Technology Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is needs-based and is part of BrainStation’s effort to bridge the gender gap in the tech industry.
Claim Academy Scholarships
- Women in Technology Scholarship: This scholarship gives $500 automatically to any woman accepted into a Full Stack Software Developer Program at Claim Academy.
- Women’s Scholarship: This scholarship gives out a total of $10,000 to women. Specifically, one recipient gets $5,000. The remaining funds are divided between two applicants, each getting $2,500.
Coding Dojo Scholarships
- Women in Tech Scholarship: Coding Dojo offers the Women in Tech Scholarship for women aspiring to become computer programmers. With an initiative toward supporting women in the technology industry, the scholarship awards $1,000 to students.
DevPoint Labs Scholarships
- Women in Tech Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is for self-identifying women that want to pursue a career in tech. It covers 50 percent of tuition to help women start careers in tech.
Flatiron School Scholarships
- Women Take Tech Scholarship: This scholarship awards up to a 50 percent tuition discount to women. Flatiron School also offers the Apply By Pi Scholarship and other scholarships for its online web developer program.
- Women Take Cyber Scholarship: This is a full-tuition coding bootcamp scholarship for 10 women per cohort enrolled in Flatiron School’s cyber security bootcamp program.
Fullstack Academy Scholarships
- Ada Lovelace Scholarship: Ada Lovelace was a 19th-century English mathematician. She is considered the first female computer scientist. To continue her legacy, this coding bootcamp scholarship awards $1,000 to all women-identifying students who pay upfront tuition.
- Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is offered in partnership with Lesbians Who Tech. It covers half of tuition in scholarship funds for gender-nonconforming students and LGBTQ+ women.
Grand Circus Scholarships
- Grace Hopper Celebration Women in Boot Camp Scholarship: This coding bootcamp scholarship is available to any woman, genderqueer, or non-binary individual. It is offered through AnitaB.org and the numbers are limited. Apply now to see if you qualify.
- Bunq and Ironhack Scholarship: This scholarship is designed to help women in tech and make gender equality in the industry a reality. Bunq offers $85,000 in scholarship funds to help women jumpstart their tech careers.
- WomenWhoCode Scholarship: This $1,500 scholarship is available for any of Inronhack’s program. You must be a member of WomenWhoCode to apply.
Lesbians Who Tech ScholarshipLesbians Who Tech is a community of people that supports women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals in and around the tech industry. This organization does not just supply grants for lesbians. It also provides scholarships for anyone who’s underrepresented in tech. Below is a list of schools that partner with Lesbians Who Tech to provide scholarships.
- 4Geeks Academy
- Barcelona Code School
- Career Foundry
- Code Fellows
- Coding Dojo
- Fullstack Academy
- The Jump
- Lighthouse Labs
- Northeastern University Khoury College of Computer and Information Sciences
Makers Academy Scholarships
- Women and Gender Minorities Discount: In an effort to reduce the gender gap in the tech industry, Makers Academy offers discounts to women and gender non-conforming individuals. Contact the school to discuss options that might be available to you.
- Codebar Discount: Students associated with CodeBar can receive 10 percent off any course.
- Coding Black Females Discount: Black coders who self-identify as women are eligible to receive a £500 (or approximately $700) discount if they are a Coding Black Females member.
Sabio ScholarshipsSabio teaches programming, specializing in .NET and Node.js. While Sabio has a history of supporting veterans and their families, they also have a great coding bootcamp scholarship opportunity for women.
- Women in Tech Scholarship: The Jill H. Mays Women in Tech Coding Scholarship offers a limited number of scholarships for women looking to transition into the tech industry as software engineers. The scholarship awards up to $5,500 for qualified individuals. Women who have had work hours reduced or were laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic will receive priority.
The Software Guild ScholarshipsThe Software Guild has programs in .NET and C#, as well as web development and Java bootcamp programs. This coding bootcamp has a strong employer network and high success rates for its graduates.
- Women in Tech Award: This scholarship gives $2,000 towards tuition to women students based on their self-identification.
- Women in Tech Scholarship: Springboard offers $500 to women to encourage gender equality in the tech industry. The only eligibility criteria are to self-identify as a woman and have applied to the coding bootcamps data, coding, cyber security, or tech sales career tracks.
- Women’s Scholarship: Thinkful gives a $600 scholarship at $100 per month to all self-identifying women in its Flexible Web Development Bootcamp. This scholarship is provided through a partnership with Girl Code It and MotherCoders.
Xccelerate ScholarshipsXccelerate offers a coding scholarship for women enrolled in its Data Science & Machine Learning short course or Full-stack Web Development immersive program. This is a great scholarship for women because it covers half of tuition, however, you must be a Hong Kong resident to apply.
- Women in Tech Scholarship: This coding scholarship for women is available to those living in Hong Kong who apply to Xcelerate’s Data Science & Machine Learning or Full-stack Web Development programs. A limited number of applicants are awarded a 50 percent tuition discount.
Best Coding Bootcamp Scholarships for VeteransIn order to make the transition back to civilian life easier, coding bootcamps encourage veterans to apply by offering scholarships for veterans. This allows those who have served in the US military to gain new skills and get high-paying jobs in the tech industry. Find out about the best scholarships for veterans below.
Bottega Tech Scholarships
- Heal the Hero Foundation Scholarship: The Heal the Hero Foundation Scholarship is available to military personnel, military spouses, and other military family and dependents. It offers an unspecified amount of financial assistance for any program at Bottega Tech.
- Operation Pay It Forward (OPIF) Scholarship: OPIF partnered with Bottega Tech to offer this scholarship. It is available to military veterans looking to change up their careers and learn new skills.
Claim Academy Scholarships
- Veteran Scholarship: All US veterans in good standing receive this $500 scholarship upon being accepted into the immersive Full Stack Software Developer Program that Claim Academy offers. Students must show their proof of veteran status to receive the scholarship.
Code Platoon ScholarshipsCode Platoon is the number one coding bootcamp for veterans and people who are currently in military service. There are many Code Platoon coding bootcamp scholarships for veteran and military spouses and veterans that want a tech career.
- Veteran & Spouses Scholarships: This scholarship is for both veterans and military spouses attending Code Platoon. Individuals can receive up to $13,000 in tuition scholarship funds.
- Black and Hispanic Scholarships: This full-tuition scholarship applies to all cohorts and is open to military spouses and veterans.
- Women in Technology Scholarships: This scholarship is available to female veterans in honor of Rear Admiral Grace Hopper. The Women in Tech Scholarship covers the full tuition cost of the program.
- Transgender Veteran Full Scholarship: This scholarship is available to transgender veterans of military spouses. It covers the full cost of tuition.
- Milspouse Coders Scholarship: To help empower military spouses to find careers in tech, Code Platoon offers this scholarship that awards up to $13,000 in tuition funds.
- Skillbridge Scholarships: These scholarships are for current servicemen and servicewomen who want to develop in-demand skills while on active duty. Students can spend their last six months of active duty attending the Code Platoon bootcamp.
- National Military Family Association (NMFA) Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to those registered with the NMFA who attend Code Platoon. Recipients can receive up to $13,000 thanks to the NMFA.
Coding Dojo Scholarships
- Military Re-Training Scholarship: This scholarship is offered to military personnel and veterans. It provides $1,000 in financial aid to help prepare people for the shift from military work to the tech industry.
- Military Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to both active and retired military personnel. In-person students can access a $500 discount, while remote students can get 10 percent off their tuition.
Fullstack Academy Scholarships
- VET TEC Program: This bootcamp scholarship is for veterans who have at least one day of unexpired GI Bill entitlement. The program awards $1,000 in scholarship funds to eligible students.
The Software Guild Scholarships
- Veterans Who Code Award: This scholarship awards $2,000 to active service members in the Software Guild’s full-time online coding bootcamp program (or the Louisville on-ground program).
- Veteran’s Scholarship: Thinkful provides a $600 scholarship to military veterans that take part in its Flexible Web Development Bootcamp. This scholarship is provided through a partnership with Operation Code. To learn about the scholarships offered by this school, check out this Thinkful review.
Alternatives to Coding Bootcamp ScholarshipsWhile scholarships are a great way to help cover the cost of coding bootcamp tuition, there are other methods to help you pay for coding bootcamps. From employer scholarships to grants, there is sure to be an option that fits your needs.
Coding Bootcamp GrantsUnfortunately, there is no FAFSA for coding bootcamps, meaning that there are no Pell Grants or other forms of federal financial aid available to bootcamp students. As coding bootcamps become a leader in the education industry, it is possible that federal funding will soon apply to coding bootcamps.
Coding Bootcamp Income Share AgreementsIncome share agreements or ISAs are a form of payment where tuition is deferred until students secure employment. Afterward, students give a portion of their earnings to their bootcamp until the tuition costs are covered. Most coding bootcamps don’t take a percentage of a bootcamp graduate’s wages unless they are making above a certain amount. Many students consider ISAs vs student loans due to their convenience.
GI BillEligible veterans can use the GI Bill to help fund their tech career pursuits. Typically, coding bootcamps accept the GI Bill as a form of payment, along with other discounts and financing opportunities for military-connected individuals. While there may be no way for coding bootcamps to receive FAFSA as they would through traditional colleges and universities, it’s clear that there are plenty of funding options for anyone looking into coding bootcamps. However, it’s your job to seek them out and apply!
Best Coding Bootcamp Scholarships FAQ
What are the best coding bootcamp scholarships for minorities 2023?
The best coding bootcamp scholarships for minorities in 2023 are the Black Engineers Scholarship from Codesmith and the Full Tuition Scholarship from Springboard. Both schools offer full ride scholarships for minorities, including Black students, POC, and LGBTQ+ people. There are other minority hardship scholarships available that cover partial tuition.
What are the best scholarships for female coders?
DevPoint Labs’ Women in Tech scholarship and Flatiron School’s Women Take Tech and Women Take Cyber scholarships are the best scholarships for female coders. All three of these coding bootcamp scholarships cover 50 percent of tuition for eligible women. Ada Developers Academy is completely free. However, students must be able to attend classes in Seattle.
Are there any government grants for coding bootcamps?
The GI Bill is the best government grant for coding bootcamps. Veterans can use the bill to finance their coding bootcamp experience. Unfortunately, there is no form of FAFSA or federal student aid for coding bootcamp students. That’s why so many coding bootcamps offer generous coding bootcamp scholarships for students.
How can I apply to a coding bootcamp scholarship?
To apply for coding bootcamp scholarships, you will need to meet the eligibility requirements and complete a scholarship application. Although every bootcamps will have different requirements for applying for coding bootcamp scholarships, the application process will usually involve providing information on your financial history and/or an essay explaining why you’re applying to the bootcamp and how the scholarship could help you.
The post Scholarships for Coding Bootcamps: Coding Scholarships for Minorities and Women appeared first on Career Karma.