And just like that, September is upon us! Summer is coming to an end and fall is around the corner.
Labor Day, the 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance, Rosh Hashanah, and National Hispanic Heritage Month are also coming up in the next few weeks. To help you stay on track during all of September, here’s our easy-to-use calendar with compliance reminders, social media events, and other dates to know.
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Month: This month is an opportunity for mental health advocates, organizations, survivors, allies, and community members to unite to promote suicide prevention awareness.
- Q3 Performance Reviews: Need tips on conducting virtual performance reviews? Check out our guide here
- Labor Day: Take time to recognize the American labor movement and the work and contributions of laborers to the United States’ development and achievements
- International Day of Charity: Learn how you can get involved and give back to your community on this #DayOfCharity
- Read a Book Day: This day invites all of us to grab a book we might enjoy and spend the day reading
- 9/11 – National Day of Service and Remembrance: Consider allowing your employees to take part in a volunteer opportunity — to transform the anniversary of 9/11 from a day of tragedy into a day of doing good
- National Day of Encouragement. Celebrate this day that’s dedicated to uplifting people around you and making a positive impact.
- Holiday Hiring Season Begins: It’s already time to start thinking about seasonal help. If you need help preparing your SMB for the holidays, find tips and tricks here
- National Hispanic Heritage Month: Celebrate the histories, cultures, and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America
- Holiday Hiring Season Begins. It’s already time to start thinking about seasonal help. If you need help preparing your SMB for the holidays, find tips and tricks here.
- American Business Women’s Day: Honor the accomplishments of the businesswomen across the nation #AmericanBusinessWomensDay
- Fall Begins: Get ready for pumpkin spice lattes! #FirstDayOfFall
- Rosh Hashanah. Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year, and one of Judaism’s holiest days.
- National Women’s Health and Fitness Day. Promote the importance of health awareness and fitness for all women of all ages.
- National Coffee Day: Enjoy a cup or two of your favorite coffee #NationalCoffeeDay
- International Podcast Day: Connect with fellow podcasters, podcast listeners, podcast enthusiasts, and leaders in the podcasting industry. Also check out Zenefits’ podcast episodes! #InternationalPodcastDay
- VETS-4212 Reporting Deadline: Federal contractors and subcontractors must track and report annually the number of employees in their workforces who belong to the categories of veterans covered under the affirmative action provisions of the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974.